Categories

Monday, September 12, 2016

Review: HealthyWiser Digital pH Meter

I always wonder, if there is an easy way to know the pH of our swimming pool. There are different methods available but they are lengthy and cumbersome. So, when I got an opportunity to try HealthyWiser Digital pH meter, I took that opportunity.

The items in the package were: pH Meter (batteries included), Instructions pamphlet, 6 Calibration buffer packets and a carrying case.


Pros: I liked the sleek and lightweight design of pH meter. There are two buttons on it, one for ON/OFF and another for Calibration. The large digital display makes it easier to see the reading. It has portable design. Ideal for household or laboratory use; Suitable for testing pH balance of drinking water, pool, aquarium, RO system, Spa, or hydroponics or food items. No need to use messy strips.

Calibration: As per the instructions pamphlet, you have to calibrate the pH meter first using the buffer powders given. I felt, The instructions were not clear and elaborate. I mixed the buffer powder pH 6.86 in 250 ml of distilled powder and tried to calibrate it, it did get calibrated in that solution. Then, I cleaned and wiped it in distilled water and tried calibrating in buffer powder pH 9.18, at that time, the reading start to fluctuate, I tried cleaning it and then putting it again but after several attempts, the reading came to zero and it stopped. 




I thought the calibration part would be easy but for me, it was not. I am not sure, if the product that I have received was defective or damaged. If it would have worked, it would be a great device to use in and around the house. The product company contacted me, after my bad experience with the product. They are going to send me a new pH meter free as a replacement. I am going to try that and update my review again. 
You can check out this product on Amazon here 


Disclaimer: I have received this product at a deep discount through Tomoson in exchange for my unbiased review. I have tested this product myself and shared my honest review and experience. I have not been compensated in any other way. All opinions are honest and my own. 


;